Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nothing Grand about it...

Well I am late to update again... However, I did write this back on June 6th and never posted...SORRY . 

So we went to "Grand Rounds" and let me start by saying calling it grand was a tease. It was anything but GRAND. However, I am glad we went. We did get to meet the famous Dr. Brian Brooks from The National Eye Institute. I have been trying to get into see him for over a month with no luck, so it was a pleasent surprise meeting him, and we really liked him too so that was a plus. So Dr. Brooks is pretty much going to be taking over Averie's case. We will still stay in touch with Dr. Avery but for now it seems that Dr. Brooks will be running the show.  We see him in July for an ERG, from what I have gathered this is like an EKG of the eye. Little electrodes will be placed on Averie's eye and wrist, and then a series of lights will be flashed and this will monitor what she is seeing/registering. Averie will be given a mild sedative to help her forget the process. My sister Mollie (Ma2 as Averie calls her) has had this done and remembers vaguely of something being put on her writs but doesn't remember anything on her eye, so that makes me feel much better about the whole procedure. I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment